Monday, April 30, 2007

Personality of a superhero

I can't sleep tonight. I've got a few things rolling around in my head including a younger sister who's going overseas, an impending performance and salary review at work tomorrow, a NATO missile air defence diplomatic spat and the societal ramifications of VB going to mid-strength.

So what better way to try to put oneself to sleep than to listen to disc 1 of my Soul Grooves album and take an innocuous internet-based psychology test. Clare is currently completing a subject in personality psychology for her degree - I'm trying my best to take an active interest in her current occupation. Not that I'm saying her degree puts me to sleep. Oh God. I think I've just dug myself a massive hole in a rising swamp.

So the test was to see which superhero I am most closely aligned with through their rigourous, sweat yielding questions. Here are the results:


I do find it hard to dispute the accuracy of "intelligent, witty [and] a bit geeky" (did I mention really really ridiculously good looking??), and must admit that I enjoy spitting web out of my wrists and scaling skyscrapers in my spare time.

However, I believe that I am still void of both "great power", if you exclude my superhuman homous-eating feats; and "responsibility", if you exclude my recent appointment as UN director of humanitarian and refugee aid to Burundi.

After idolising Batman in my formative years, I rocked in angst trying to work out how in the name of Gotham City I could be more like Batman's bitch, Robin. And who/what the hell is Green Lantern? Do I really have the personality of a Northern NSW, hemp-based outdoor camping light?

On the upside, Catwoman and Wonder Woman are absolute minxes and I'm glad that there are no psychological or genetic barriers to us hooking up. Oh god. The mind boggles.

On that note, I'm going to bed. Sweet dreams.

3 comments:

token tim said...

Bell man, I undertook the same test a while back and have posted my results on my myspace

*insert blantant myspace plug*

(www.myspace.com/timinthecity)

I was pleasantly surprised to see that in my spare time, I whip off my glasses, rip the old business shirt and turn into Superman!

Which is weird cause I was in a Year 10 production of a Superman Play - where I playe Clarke Kent... I wasn't big enough to play superman so they got one of the rugby boys to play him!!

Cool Story Hansel...

Belly said...

When you say...

"in my spare time, I whip off my glasses, rip the old business shirt and turn into Superman!"

...isn't that just your general late Saturday night routine??

Mum said...

Only speaking from a mother's prospective - you wore nothing else for months or was it years? BUT your superman costume, it had to be washed and dried before the next day's wear..... or have I got that wrong? was it really Batman?(needless to say this happened after the cam suit phase.