Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Anatomy of a proposal - At work

Thursday, 5 November
Silom, Bangkok


Day of departure and I’m dead-set jumping out of my socks. I suppose that’s what happens when you’re about to fly to Australia to ask your girlfriend’s parent’s for her hand in marriage.

I usually get the jitters prior to a trip home, but this is just something else!

  • Bags packed.
  • Maps double, triple and quadruple checked.
  • Route’s written out.
  • Back-up routes determined.
  • Emergency numbers printed out.
  • Passport firmly secured on my person.
  • Australian payment cards packed, expiries double-checked.
  • Green P-plates designed and printed (yes, I’m still on them…).
  • Confirmation emails printed.
  • Vodafone SIM packed.
I’m sure I have everything in order…probably best to check again.

I. CAN’T. WAIT!!!!!!!!

I’m pretty sure Libby and Greg won’t knock me back, but it still feels like this is an almighty job interview deciding the rest of my life…I suppose it is. I wonder what they are going to say? They’ll surely figure something’s up when I randomly call through. Is Greg going to ask me any tough questions about my future intentions? Will Libby hold it together?

All day I’ve been shaking just thinking that in less than 24-hrs I’ll be back on Aussie soil and asking my girlfriend’s parents for their blessing.

What a topic to blog about!

I'm due to fly out at 11.59pm.

Oh, and Clare? I told her I was off to Singapore to help out with a weekend-long kiwi fruit-related media event. Perfect cover.

1 comments:

tim said...

Awesome - I lolled hard at your anal retentive packing... glad to see I'm not the only one in the world who does it.

Reading on!