Wednesday, April 11, 2007

THE wedding

Firstly, my apologies for not posting this up sooner. I have been recuperating from the aftermath of such a shit-hot weekend.


Getting there

I was packing darkies as Clare and I headed up the F3 freeway with rain pelting toward us from seemingly unimaginable angles. I was thinking of how Penny must be feeling, with the irony of that annoying Alanis Morrisette song beating about in her head.

With the rains clearing, Clare and I decended upon Maitland McDonalds to get changed - below is a picture of Clare walking back to the car in some wooly attire. The guy in the brown t-shirt was like, "WTF?".

We managed to get to the church a little early, yet still only scoring the last of the seats. With half an hour until the main action was due to start, I tried to relieve my pent up excitement by inspecting Clare's ear canal.

Clare looked absolutely gorgeous on the day. And the hat! Stunning!!


The wedding

But 'stunning' would be an understatement when speaking about Penny. Wow. She looked like an absolute angel, beaming like a snow flake floating its way across a crystalline Tasmanian mountain.

Here's a quick video snapshot of the wedding:



Millgate and Sar un'veil' their cheeky sides.


The reception


Penny and Josh arrive by horse and cart. What an entrance!


The Evans'


To quote Paff at this exact moment: "Oh! I love love!!". Also note the small child reaching for an early piece of cake.

The gang.

There is a distinct question to be asked in the above photo. Why is Millgate making a move on Clare? He looks kind-of into it, but Clare...well, slightly confused. Please explain.


One for the photo album. Did I mention that our outfits matched on the day?


Willis & Weens: Watch out Daryl Somers and the Dancing With The Stars crew!


Late-night hot chips and sauce from Gresford - thanks to Willis and Weens "The Carbohydrate Express".


Millgate and Dani cut up the dancefloor. Hot dress Posty!


Considering Millgate's earlier advances, I'm really not sure what to say about this photo. It was fun though.


"I need answers"

This particular photo was taken at 3am after Tim couldn't find a nestful of individual easter eggs he had strategically placed around the farm. Perhaps those late night cookies were throwing his radar slightly off course?


The morning after

Ezre finds said easter eggs the morning after.


Karla's trashbag feet.



Willis & Weens slept in their car. The full-length nightsuit Weens is wearing - I've no idea either!

5 comments:

tim said...

Awesome post buddy... you've truly outdone yourself on this one!

btw - I also hate that bloody Alanis Morissette song. Perhaps we should start a club?

Belly said...

Thanks for the kind words mate...

Agreed - with a name like 'Al-anus', she really is at the ass end of the music industry.

token tim said...

Belly, I'd like it officially noted that in that photo, Clare was backing into me like no tomorrow... so my hand was doing it's best to keep intact my heterosexual virginity.

Scouts Honour!

They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

hahahaha reading that post was an excellent way to start the week.

except for the part when one of my bosses walks in just as the youtube link kicks in and suddenly my office is filled with the sounds of 'here comes the bride', and i can;t even talk my way out of this one...there ain't many indigenous arts projects with that soundtrack.

Mum said...

Yes I did note the matching tie - great attention to detail and one I always appreciate. Terrific photos once again; must have been a fun weekend. Luv ya M xx