Thursday, February 08, 2007

Pimp'n it up

I get a call from my mate Jonnie at about 5:30pm on Saturday afternoon that went a little like this:

J: Herro

S: Well herro! Hans Brix, how very rice to shree you...

J: Wow, you're so funny - and good looking. Lil and I are headed up to Palm Beach to stay for the night at some guy's place, want to come?

S: OK.

And so it was, we ventured up to Sydney's beach of the stars (well, Home & Away at least).


Steve Baxter has his own business, Sydney Audio Visual, installing everything from the most pimp'n plasma TV's through to the kind of sound systems you'd experience in Snoop Dogg's own kitchen, but at an affordable price.

Anyway, he had to do some work for one of his clients, who mentioned that whilst there he should take advantage of the place for the weekend and invite some friends over.

Jonnie invited me on Baxter's behalf - I thought it'd be rude not to. So we got up there, had a couple of beers, met some ripper people from Inverell and headed off for a relatively early night (after a cheeky night-ocean swim).

What a place - the living room was literally as big as my apartment. It kind of makes you feel like a bit of a pleb, but at the same time you think the guy who owned the place has either been really smart with his cash or worked his ass off. Either way, good luck to the bloke.

Then again, he could be a professional hit man or drug dealer. However, I digress...

The view from the balcony

Got up the next morning and we paid $45 for a dozen eggs, some bacon, a loaf of bread, 3 tomatos and a paper (bloody Palm Beach locals). Then we went for a bit of a surf down at Whale Beach (I have never seen such a glorious array of silicone in my life). Really really enjoyed my time in the surf - it makes you want to move closer to the beach really...caught some 'gnarley' waves 'dude'...nothing huge, but it was great to see Jonnie do some 'real' surfing. He's absolutely killing it, considering the short time he's been actively surfing. Just hope he remembers me when he's on the Billabong Pro Tour.


This is a picture of Jonnie and I. We're so hot.

What a bloody random, fabulous weekend.

0 comments: