Thursday, February 22, 2007

First, but definitely not the last


I felt like Montgomery at the battle of El Alamein. The first, decisive battle. The first, decisive step toward greatness...

...the first, decisive step toward Australian free-to-air TV glory.

ABC...tick!

Willis, Amelia and I ventured to the ABC studios a few days ago to be on a new show called difference of opinion. It's hosted by Geoff McMullen and comprises of a panel of 'experts' (generally ABC left-wing co-conspirators) and a studio audience itching to get that ABS stat they read on the internet that morning onto national TV.

We didn't need to say anything, our looks said it all:

Oops, wrong photo...here we go - much more serious:










Meils was an absolute hit with the lesbian camera woman, getting a long, loving pause toward the end of the show. She was also the last person to be shown from the audience in the closing credits. Probably because she looked hot. Great genes, you know.

Anyway, so the subject matter was multiculturalism - not as heated as I was expecting, however I found the production process quite revealing, never being in a studio audience before.

Here's a picture of Willis and I with Geoff McMullen. I think he shat his pants. Lucky I didn't ask him for his autograph.

But like every good commander, I don't rest until the job is well and truly done. Clare and I are off to film an episode of Ready Steady Cook on the 7th of next month. Email me or leave a comment if you want to go and see me kick her culinary ass.

0 comments: