Friday, September 21, 2007

4 years with a shweetie

Let me tell you, my four years with Clare have most definitely NOT been a struggle. What a gorgeous lass Ms. Clare is - any woman who can put up with my shit for 1461 days must be a bit of alright.

Like most of our relationship (and to my eternal frustration), my plans to celebrate our four year anniversary were somewhat shifted into a state of sporadicity, with plans to stay in a hotel on the Central Coast dismissed by a renewed desire to stay on the South Coast. The secret plans for the South Coast were then squashed by a desire to stay west of the mountains, which were then changed by a preference to stay in the Blue Mountains.

In the end, I planned a bit of a breakfast, a visit to the zoo, then a romantic dinner in Manly.

What eventuated?

Clare slept in, I read the paper. We later shared a wonderful breakfast at the new Ripples at Chowder Bay, a pash on the beach, then we came home for a sleep. We're getting old, you know.

To complete the day of romance, I ended up going to watch the Western Rams play the Sydney Fleet in the ARC across the road at North Sydney Oval with a good mate from Uni, whilst Clare went to work.

And you know what? It was perfect.

Whilst it all didn't go to plan, it was a wonderful day...one which I've been telling people about all week!

Here's a few pictures for everyone who's scanned over the above text and searching for a bit of pictorial colour:

Having fun in the sun @ Chowder Bay...check out the colours of the water and contrast as the jetty stretches out to the harbour!

Clare and I get a bit of shade - note the cafe we visited in the background and then Vaucluse further out into the distance. Beautiful!

...and just before some pooch humped my leg.

1 comments:

Mum said...

This sounds just perfect for you both, I'm pleased it was such a pleasurable day.