Sunday, July 29, 2007

Away to Byron Bay

Back in February, I bought Clare and myself a couple of tickets to Byron to spend a long weekend away - after a massive few months at work, the break was well appreciated and gave me the chance to have a bit of a think about where things are at.

I have had a lot of trouble in writing this post, as I've found it hard not to post a squillion photos of the beauty that is the North Coast. Here's a few of my favourites from Byron Bay:

Some shweetie I met on the lookout above The Pass near Watego's.


It's hard not to be mesmerised by the rhythm of the many surfers in and around Byron Bay. What a lifestyle! In the background is the sharp peak Mount Warning - Clare and I climbed it on our last visit to the area...it's the first place on the Australian mainland that sees the sunrise!!


More surfers, framed by some of the gorgeous flora found in the area.


Sunrise at The Pass.


A morning walk on the beach.
Its calm and quietness numbed me into a sense of tranquility - my toes felt very much the same walking through the icy morning sand.


This one's for Angus. Note the texture.

2 comments:

They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

beautiful photos! oh how i miss the ocean!!

hopefully we will be up and about during at least some daytime hours to see it this weekend too. woo!

Bonnie Muddle said...

Belly- beautiful post. I love Byron and in fact the whole north coast. Miss oz. Looks like you had a great weekend.