Thursday, July 16, 2009

State of Origin: Greatest biff

I was too busy getting bollocked by a voracious client last night to be able to watch Game 3 of the State of Origin.

From all accounts, it sounded like a little pearler of a match, fit with freakish athleticism, hard hits and the odd spot of biff. Saw the fight on YouTube when I was finishing up last night.

Got me casting my mind back to some of the great Origin biffs. I reckon Game 2, 1995, has to be the best. Blokes coming in from everywhere to have a good old fashion Maroon vs Blues stoush. And it was only 2:27 into the game!

Also brought the best out in Ray “Rabs” Warren:

“Well, they’ve come from everywhere…almost like it was a rehearsal”

“Well! We’ve seen plenty of this in Origin – this is one of the best!”

“Av a look at them throw them!”

1 comments:

Mum said...

geez Steve were you up late enough to watch this one in 1995?