Thursday, February 12, 2009

In training

I’m currently in training for a 5-6 hour adventure triathlon, just 2.5 weeks away from its painful reality.

The adventure race is happening on the 28th of February in the hills of Kanchanaburi Province about 2.5hrs NW of Bangkok and 1hr east of the Burmese border. I’ve visited the place a few times before – twice to commemorate the Aussie soldiers who worked there as POWs under the Japanese during WW2, and the other time to have a bit more of a look around at the national parks and nightlife with a mate from footy.

The race is basically a two-person team adventure with jungle running, cross-country cycling, kayaking, swimming events, as well as perhaps the odd muscle cramp.

My mate Brian and I are forming what could quite possibly be the slowest team on the circuit, and will race alongside a few other mates from my rugby club.

I can’t wait to get amongst it – see the website for it all here.

1 comments:

Mum said...

You'll be sweating it out where Pop did ....! amazing