Wednesday, September 24, 2008

62H

I’ve found the holy grail of overseas airline travel.

Traveling back from Sydney to Bangkok last weekend aboard a Thai Airways Boeing 777-300, I found a friend – ‘62H’.

Let’s be honest - licking one’s knees whilst being concertinaed into an economy class seat certainly promotes some serious character building. And as they say, character building is the foundation to success.

But I say bugger that. I reckon I’ll pass on the lesson in character building and spend my hours transiting the globe at 950km/hr in relative economy class comfort.

So this seat – 62H – doesn’t have anything in front of it (ample leg room), is strategically placed 2m from the drinks galley (which I amply took advantage of…), is 3m from an emergency exit, and is situated near the wing, typically the strongest part of the airplane fuselage (important during a crash, I hear).

On the downside, there’s nowhere to safely stow your hand/manbag. Shocking.

All in all, a pleasant flight experience – remember it when you’re flying next. Check out Seat Guru for other awesome seats.

5 comments:

Mum said...

What a gem! Did you know about this 'seat' before check-in or just lucked in?

token tim said...

re: Seat Guru... what a random website! But very handy to have ;)

Belly said...

Didn't know about the seat before I checked in...I guess the old pearly white smile at check-in worked a treat.

Cass said...

You are such a schmooze!

I suppose it's exciting for you being on a carrier that is known to people other than the crew and pilot!

tim said...

Well done - I say don't stop there.

You need to find your 62H over the wing of the plane. If you had a 62H and it was over the wing, you could put good money on being a star rather than a stat on Air Crash Investigations.

Controversial.