Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's a date


The 9th of March - a date for the ages.

1834: French Foreign Legion founded
1945: American bombers attack Tokyo
1959: The Barbie Doll debuts
1987: Rapper 'Lil Bow Bow is born (bow wow wow yippie yo, yippie yay, where my dogg at?)
2008: Belly & Clare's "excellent adventure" commences.

Clare and I will be boarding Air Asia flight D72703 from the Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur, spending a few days hanging out and eating some delicious curries, then jumping onto another flight into Bangkok, where we will continue our most excellent trip. Maybe we'll even be able to make it to San Dimas.

It was super cheap as well - $330 for both flights including all taxes and meals!!

Purchasing a flight really does hammer home that we're off - Clare's talking about insurance, I'm researching jobs. Clare's even found some sweet accommodation online...it should be an absolute hoot living in our own "sex and the city" style condo (minus the New Yorkers).

I'm looking forward to so much cool stuff...last night we were talking about heading up to Chang Mai for a bit of a look around and maybe a 4-day jungle kayak and camp, whilst I'm really keen to get over to Hellfire Pass again, this time on ANZAC Day - a sort of homage in respect to my late Pop and his mates who toiled there under the Japanese during World War 2.

I've got only a few weeks left in Sydney, so I'm determined to make the most of it. To my friends here, let's have a really good go of it...

1 comments:

Mum said...

It's your aunty Colleen's birthdate as well!