Friday, April 03, 2009

Website fever

I’m helping my main banking client reposition and redesign their website at the moment. It’s a bit of a mess - tough to navigate, overcomplicated language and expression, has no metrics and is cumbersome to update with new information.

On top of that, we need to do it in two very different languages and cultures.

It’s a tough job, as the bank is pretty conservative in its views, so ideas on how they can really smash the industry here from a web perspective are often difficult to get through. In a Buddhist country, it looks like I’ll have to be content with ‘the middle way’. It’s part of my job I really enjoy, and I can see some good things coming for the client…eventually!

Anyway, I’ve been checking out what other companies are doing with their websites. In my web travels, I came across ad agency Leo Burnett’s website. I may be well behind the eightball on this one, but with its unique and intuitive pencil navigation, this site is very engaging and underlines pretty much exactly what they want to tell prospective clients (and brag to their competitors about)…“We’re cool, creative, energetic people who work on big brands”.

So simple, but creative agencies so often overcomplicate their creds docs, alienating and losing the confidence of potential clients with fluff!

Cool. Obviously not something I'll be looking to do for the bank!

2 comments:

Cass said...

That website is so cool! Looking forward to seeing your handiwork with the Bank's page.

Belly said...

Don't get too excited about the bank...