Wednesday, January 07, 2009

@ Work

Back at work now – a picture of my surrounds.


Note my fish Nit Noi, who has been residing here whilst I was on holidays. We also keep the blinds closed because a lot of the Thai staff here dislike direct sunlight due to excessive sun-tanning (which is quietly considered too agrarian and lower-class). As you can see, I need all the sun I can get.

Also of note is my tie, a Bt 100 number from Silom Rd, which a mate of mine Dave also purchased when visiting recently, keeping the cross-continental Bangkok tie-wearing dream alive.

You may also notice a new book on my desk I’m about to start reading, ‘The Diplomatic Dog of Barbados’ by Winfred Peppindink, delightfully sent to me for Christmas by another mate of mine, and literary connoisseur, Willis. It’s a tale of a diplomat's dog who makes good in the tough tropical sands of the Caribbean.

Just FYI.

2 comments:

Cass said...

You look so cute and skinny! I'm impressed wiht your surrounds...well done.

Mum said...

You're looking more like your cousin Pete.